- - Finance
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Kiwanis International offers a full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k) Educational Reimbursement and much more! Position not eligible for relocation benefits.
This position requires a strong background in not-for-profit accounting as well as strong computer skills. Responsible for general ledger management, reconciliation and analysis of pledge receivables, account and bank reconciliations, maintenance of subsidiary ledgers, restricted asset releases, daily analysis of cash, investigation and resolution of account irregularities. Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial statements.
- Prepares and reviews the organization's financial statements in accordance with GAAP and FASB
- Prepares P&L variance reports
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports for the board of trustees
- Resolves banking issues, including the processing of bank account transfers
- Monitors bank accounts (domestic and international) to identify excess funds for opportunities to improve investment income and cash flow
- Prepare/coordinate all necessary journal entries
- Maintain Chart of Accounts, Department Checklists and subsidiary ledgers
- Oversee the General Ledger to ensure information being posted is accurate with supporting documentation
- Audit preparation and support, including the preparation of audit schedules and worksheets
- Fund accounting management, including the preparation of entries for the release of restricted assets
- Supports management in the preparation of the annual operating budgets.
- Prepares cash analysis, including cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for reconciliation and record keeping of all investment accounts.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of complex, foreign currency bank accounts, including resolution of open items.
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, including intercompany accounts
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with preparation and filing of property and tax returns (1099s, 990s, etc.)
- Responsible for overseeing relationships with foundation staff and international subsidiaries to facilitate timely and accurate reporting
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with all levels of employees
- A commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of the work
- Confidentiality related to sensitive financial information
- Flexible and willing to accept change
- Excellent accounting skills
- Strong computer and accounting software knowledge
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant not-for-profit accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of multi-currency bank account reconciliation procedures is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience with accounting systems, preferably with NetSuite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
- Computer savvy with advanced ability with Microsoft Excel, NetSuite Accounting and Adaptive Insights report writing software
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize workload, meet hard and fast deadlines.
- Must be a team player that fosters an environment of cooperation and continuous learning.
- Detail-oriented with multiple tasks and organized with information and documentation
- CPA, preferred
- Knowledge of foreign currency transactions
- Knowledge of Not-For-Profit Accounting, including fund accounting and FASB ASU 2016-14
- Should be a detail oriented, a quick learner, with strong organization skills
- Kiwanis Family or service club experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Some overtime and weekend work required
- Required to sit most of the day and complete data entry using a desktop computer.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Lifting and moving file boxes. Walking and standing to communicate with Finance Team and other staff in the building.