Youth Protection Specialist
- - Kiwanis Youth Programs
- 46268, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Kiwanis International offers a full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k) Educational Reimbursement and much more! Position not eligible for relocation benefits.
The Youth Protection Specialist is a member of the KYP Youth Protection team and serves to manage youth protection compliance, including youth travel permissions, minor's image releases, minor's medical releases, adult background check processing, and the tracking and support of compliance with other programs as created and defined.
This position shares responsibilities within the team and works with team members in executing tactical support initiatives. This position will be responsible for and provide oversight of the processing and tracking of all youth and adult compliance under direction of the Youth Protection Manager and in collaboration with other responsible staff and departments.
- Work closely with the Youth Protection Manager to achieve 100 percent compliance for all necessary youth protection policy requirements and resulting documentation.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client and vendor relationships and processing.
- Develop documentation and tracking processes for existing and new requirements.
- Gather information and data and report on assigned compliance rates.
- Resolve customer service issues.
- Ensure consistency.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for assigned compliance program(s).
- Provide planning and administrative support to carry out program activities to meet all business needs.
- Serve as a liaison to key volunteers and stakeholders.
- Respond to and initiate calls and emails.
- Assist with planning and publishing communications, materials, and educational content.
- Participate in staff meetings and daily huddles
- Work directly with the team manager to identify and resolve departmental issues
- Participate in cross-functional teams within the department and Kiwanis International.
- Attend and play a role in department events, programs, and conferences.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, communications, or equivalent degree
- 2 or more years in research, database management, or account management
- Understanding of principles of customer service and member stewardship practices
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
- Experience in a collaborative environment
- Development and delivery of tracking systems and processes
- Conflict management
- Experience working in a multitask environment with emphasis on prioritizing and organizational skills
- Experience using a variety of databases that involve confidential personal information
- Experience in complying with statutes and rules related to access of personal information
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to apply research to practice
- Ability to extract and analyze data from multiple databases
- Skill to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Microsoft Outlook– utilization of email, calendar and management tools
- Internet proficiency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Kiwanis Family or service club experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus
- Experience in youth programs or working with youth in a training environment a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- May be requested to work evenings and weekends for special program events.
- May require domestic travel.
- Required to work in a cubicle alongside co-workers.
- Required to use a desktop or laptop PC regularly
- Required to participate in youth events with lots of activity, noise and moving parts