- - Kiwanis Children's Fund
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Kiwanis International offers a full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k) Educational Reimbursement and much more! This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of gifts, awards and other donor recognition, data entry, acknowledgment letters, contribution and award reports, and responding to donor/member inquiries. Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to donor requests via phone, email and mail
- Processing and entering gifts into donor database
- Merging, printing and mailing donor acknowledgment letters
- Processing and entering recognition orders into donor database
- Running donation and award reports from donor database
- Updating name and address records in donor database
- Accurate and timely gift, award and recognition processing; data entry; report preparation and responding to donor inquiries.
- Compiling, updating and verifying records in the Children's Fund donor database to maintain data integrity.
- Communicating in verbal and written form with in-house staff and Kiwanis International membership; answering donor requests for information and materials.
- Processing award orders, researching eligibility for awards and responding to donor/recipient inquiries.
- Fulfilling other donor recognition on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Running database queries and contribution and award reports as requested.
- Creating and updating electronic and hard files to ensure accurate awards records.
- Supporting maintenance of accurate addresses for all donors to whom the Children's Fund sends communications.
- Daily transaction processing: reviewing incoming checks and cash for batch processing; identifying correct member/club records to credit with gifts/purchases and entering transactions into donor database.
- Posting daily deposit batches for all Children's Fund donation programs.
- Processing credit card charges using online donation system.
- Processing and issuing gift and pledge acknowledgment letters; acknowledging honor and memorial donations and sending notifications as requested by donors.
- Opening and distributing all mail for the Children's Fund.
- Filing, faxing, photocopying and performing any other general office duties as required.
- Identifying and, upon the approval of the Children's Fund management team, assisting with other Children's Fund and non-Children's Fund team tasks. Assisting other department members with special projects, mailings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- 1 or more years of experience in a customer service environment
- Work experience in a 501(c)(3)/nonprofit environment preferred
- Experience dealing with donors and volunteers preferred
- Capable of maintaining a professional, pleasant and positive working relationship with all levels of membership and staff
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- Confidentiality in handling donor records
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a multitask environment
- Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent softwar
- Proficiency with email, calendar and internet applications
- Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or equivalent donor database software a plus
- Blackbaud Online Express, Qgiv or equivalent online donation software a plus
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Kiwanis International and the Kiwanis Children's Fund.
- Maintaining confidentiality for donor and other Children's Fund records.
- Working with the Donor Services and Information Manager, Chief Operating Officer and other Children's Fund colleagues to identify, address and resolve departmental issues.
- Associate or baccalaureate degree a plus and/or equivalent experience in a customer service environment
- Kiwanis Family experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Ability to work occasional weekends/evenings