Kiwanis Youth Programs Executive Director
- - Kiwanis Youth Programs
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Kiwanis International offers a full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k) Educational Reimbursement and much more!
Responsible for supervision and oversight of the Kiwanis Youth Programs for youth, young adults, and adults with disabilities, including Circle K, Key Club, Key Leader, Builders Club, K-Kids, elementary school programs, and Aktion Club, and the Staff and volunteer leadership that support those programsResponsible for supervision and oversight of all aspects of the Kiwanis Youth Programs including Key Club, Key Leader, Builders Club, K-Kids, and elementary school programs, and other Service Leadership Programs for young adults and adults with disabilities including Circle K and Aktion Club, and the Staff and volunteer leadership that support those programs. Designated Director to the Board of Trustees for Kiwanis Youth Programs, Inc. Accountable for the overall performance of these Kiwanis programs which includes financial performance, mission attainment, and successful implementation of the Kiwanis International, Key Club International, and Circle K International strategic objectives. Responsible for youth protection programs and services. Additionally, responsible for development of new leadership-related concepts, projects, programs and partnerships.
- Work closely with the members of the Leadership Team to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization and the Kiwanis International Office, and to ensure the appropriate level of cross- functional coordination with other departments by discussing special projects, timelines and issues impacting the organization. Attend and participate in Leadership Team huddles, meetings, and retreats.
- Serve as the Executive Director for Kiwanis Youth Programs, Inc., and support the Kiwanis Youth Programs, Inc. Board.
- Serve as a liaison to the Kiwanis International Board and specific committees that impact Kiwanis Programs. Responsible for the education and preparation of Kiwanis leaders to execute Service Leadership Programs, including trustees, district administrators, and Kiwanis governors. Attend all Kiwanis International board meetings.
- Serve as a voice and advocate for youth leadership development and youth protection.
- Ensure adequate programs and resources are in place to provide for adequate protection of youth including background checks, educational programs and other resources.
- Interact with the staff and board leadership of the Kiwanis Children's Fund to support the Key Club and CKI alumni as donors in fundraising for the Key Club Youth Opportunities Fund and the CKI Tomorrow Fund.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the department and staff. Hire, motivate, recognize & reward, coach, counsel and train department staff. Develop, implement and evaluate department performance measures and conduct performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Work closely with the members of the Kiwanis Youth Programs/Service Leadership Programs Team to develop supporting goals, strategies, plans and budgets to achieve the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of the organization and the International Office. Set overall direction for how the department conducts its work. Organize and conduct department meetings. Identify, address and resolve Kiwanis Programs team issues.
- Identify and maximize internal and external resources in support of program delivery.
- Create opportunities for growth and partnership for Kiwanis programs, including market growth in existing regions and program expansion into new geographical regions.
- Oversee the development of and manage department budgets and be accountable for financial performance of all Kiwanis programs.
- Speak to internal and external audiences about Kiwanis programs.
- Responsible for aligned service and leadership curricula for the organization.
- Oversee initiatives to engage alumni of Kiwanis programs in the continuing work of the organization.
- Oversee other Kiwanis-branded service and children's programs.
- Contribute to overall strategy development for marketing of Kiwanis programs
- Contribute to overall strategy development for external fundraising related to Kiwanis programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, education, leadership, or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 7-10 years' experience at a mid- or senior management role with oversight of several department managers
- Building effective teams
- Continuous innovation
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
- Strong communication and support abilities
- Ability to develop, present and deliver strategic program plans
- Developing others
- Conflict management
- Experience in the leadership development programs for youth and/or young adults
- Experience in partnership formation and collaboration
- Demonstrated creative ability and writing proficiency
- Good public speaker able to moderate small to large groups
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite products
- Microsoft Outlook– utilization of email, calendar and management tools
- Internet proficiency
- Social media networking skills
- Doctorate degree a plus
- Kiwanis Family experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Domestic travel required
- Some international travel required
- Weekend work required
- Use of desk top or laptop computer a significant portion of the time.
- Work in close proximity to other staff.